Monday 14 December 2009

Mouret Madness

Over the past month or so I've started to notice that every fashionable celebrity event is filled with Roland Mouret wearing stars and... well... I have a confession, he seems to have completely passed me by, I know absolutely nothing about the guy or his work, so I've been doing a fair bit of research on him.
First here are few celebs in his dresses...

 
 

As a Parisian gay-activist, it would be difficult for him not to be amazingly stylish but he is said to have "a native awareness of sensuality", which explains why his collections sell out within hours. His signature features are clinched silhouettes and subtle couture touches.
His 'Moon dress', made famous by our very own Victoria Beckham, was probably his biggest success, worn by numerous celebrities and selling out all over the world.
 


 Although I don't find his collections particularly fascinating I do think he understands the female form and the cuts of his dresses are simple but flattering, suitable for every occasion. Here's a few dresses I like from this seasons collection...


 
 



Sorry I haven't posted in a few days I've been kind of busy Christmas shopping etc(all sorted now apart from the parents). Oh and most of my friends are now back from uni so we had a bit of a party last night with a few too many drinking games. We also found some woks that we sat in and got the guys to drag us around the room while they were trying to play pool :) more fun than it sounds when you're a bit merry...


Hope you've all been having a fun Christmas period so far! Thank you all so much for following and all of your lovely comments, they make my day :D oh and don't forget to follow me on twitter here.

femmexxx

13 comments:

  1. I too don't know much about Roland Mouret, so thanks for the share. I love the dresses, they are so beautifully shaped with slender curves.

    J'aime
    www.tinominosquared.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. His dresses are indeed cut to enhance the female form, and I adore them they are beautiful creations. I love your selection of new dresses, particularly the 3rd (lemon dress). I am glad to have found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Cameron Diaz looks great in that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mouret is such a genius. I rather think he introduced the bodycon dress!

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love Victoria Beckham's dress! she makes everything looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing dresses! ;))

    ReplyDelete
  7. His dresses are beautiful, and definitley flatter the 'female form'. They're just not my style at all... a little too 'prim' for me! But so perfect for people like Victoria.

    ♥ Hannah

    ((LONDON--ROSE.BLOGSPOT.COM))

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favourite of the looks is Reese Witherspoon, but maybe that's just because it is Reese and I love her. I didn't know too much about Roland either, but his dresses are classics. Not very in-your-face-fashion, but there is a subdued quality about his designs that I like.
    -Marz

    ReplyDelete
  9. His dresses are great - remind me alot of Chanel in that it was made to fit the female form and accentuate curves

    great blog

    Thanks for the lovely comment - id be delighted to exchange links - i'll add you to my blogroll right away =]

    Stay safe and chic darling
    English Rose x
    http://iamanenglishrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful dresses! Love the structure!

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the classic structures to them...so elegant

    www.thesocietyofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks girl for the link, i've linked you back too. come by more often okay? : )

    xx lue

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh those dresses were beautiful. on all the women. Especially liked Victoria's

    -savannah
    http://simplythebeesknees.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and I'll do my best to return them :)